The latest release documentation for the Forms module.
1. Release History
May 23, 2008
Forms module V5.3.2 rev.080514 is released.
Sitecore versions: tested with Sitecore CMS V5.3.1 rev. 071114. Works with Sitecore CMS V5.3.2.
- Fixed: The Forms Data Viewer could throw an error if a form had more than 600 associated data records.
- Fixed: Users were allowed to select a form in the Forms Data Viewer despite the fact that they did not have appropriate access rights to view the item containing the form.
November 30, 2006
Forms module v5.3.2 is released.
- New Feature: A relative path can be used in the Access database settings.
- Fixed: Both PageControl and Field Web Control have the same prefix, though they have different namespaces.
- Fixed: The Export to the Excel button does not work.
- Fixed: The forms data viewer gives an additional request for a user.
- Fixed: It is impossible to create a new form if the form for the item existed earlier.
- Fixed: The filling in different controls with the FillList function is doubled.
- Fixed: The path to the image is transformed in a wrong way.
November 8, 2006
Forms module v5.3.1 is released.
- Fixed: It is Impossible to add the enlarge the button using Enter.
- Fixed: Saving forms moves Sitecore in Explorer.
July 24, 2006
Forms module version 5.3 is released.
- This version of the module works with Sitecore 5.3.0 (ASP.NET 2.0).
2. Known issues
The list of known issues present in the current version.
- Limitation: a large amount of data can not be exported to XML/Excel in the Forms Data Viewer application. You need to divide all the data into parts and export the parts separately.
- Only MS Access database storage for the module's database is supported in this version.
- There is no Save confirmation dialog in the Forms Editor.
- An unexpected error shown below occurs when using the forms editor. The reason is the site wasn't added to the trusted site list.
The Solution: Add the Sitecore site to your trusted site list.
The reason is that only trusted sites are allowed to redirect requests from within a modal dialog in IE6. Thus, Sitecore must be a trusted site.
The Export to Excel functionality is absent.
The Validation in SaveToNarrowTable function may cause problems (changes may not be saved in the table; the refresh in the client causes resending of the information in a form).
- The SaveToNarrow table option doesn't save the information in the database if an incorrect file path is present in the File window (File field).
The image in form is not rendered on the front-end.
The Forms module requires the native Sitecore default device. If you remove it and create a new default device the module will not work properly.
Attributes are not saved when a form is being saved in the Forms Editor if the mouse cursor is located on the attribute editor. The Solution: Exit the attribute editor before saving a form.