Valid for Sitecore 6.2.0, 6.1.0
Server requirements for the OMS 1.X database
Recommendations for the OMS database:
- Dedicated physical server
- Minimum of one quad core CPU recommended
- Minimum of 8GB RAM recommended
- 1 disk for OS, 2 disks for Database, 1 disk for TempDb and RAID setup according to MS SQL Server recommendations
- Windows Server 2003 or 2008
- 64 bit version recommended
- MS SQL Server 2008 or MS SQL Server 2005
- 64-bit version recommended
- MS SQL Server 2008 is strongly recommended due to improvements in Query Plans and memory usage
- We emphasize the importance of implementing a relevant Maintenance Plan to keep the indexes tuned
Recommendations for collecting OMS data on Web sites with high traffic:
- Use MS SQL Server clustering
- Best practice: Place the OMS database on one SQL Server/cluster and the core/master/web databases on another SQL Server/cluster.
- Use larger hardware facilities such as the disk subsystem/NAS/SSD/CPUs/memory.
- Consider limiting the storage of insignificant behavioral statistics. For example, avoid saving requests from visitors that have been identified as robots.