This section contains information about the latest release of the module such as release history, changes made to the current version and the list of known issues.
We welcome your feedback. You can share your questions and proposals on the Social Connected Forum.
1. Release History
July 26, 2012
Sitecore Social Connected module v1.2.0 rev.120725 for Sitecore CMS 6.5 is released.
Sitecore versions: tested with Sitecore CMS 6.5.0 Update-5 and earlier.
- Added social media effectiveness indicators to every message posted from the module. The users can monitor how many times the message has been liked, commented on or retweeted.
- Added DMS campaign effectiveness indicators. For every message connected to a campaign, the users can review key DMS performance indicators, such as engagement value, visits and value per visit, and quickly access comprehensive analytics reports to get overview of campaign performance over time or review individual sessions.
- The users can now create new DMS campaigns without leaving the social message composition interface.
- Three new personalization rules have been added to personalize by gender, interests or by picking any specific attribute from supported social networks.
- Module API and sample login sublayouts now support connecting additional social network accounts to existing Sitecore users.
- Improved performance when logging in users from social networks in solutions with large number of existing users.
- Introduced a new Sitecore Client Social Authoring role that grants editors ability to create and post messages to social networks.
- Added validation to help editors catch errors while composing social messages.
- Updated terminology used by the module. Updates are now called messages, and messages are posted to social networks.
- New messages now link to current item by default.
- The module now ships with a comprehensive structure of default DMS campaigns for every supported social network.
- The ‘Add New Account’ wizard is now accessible through a standard insert option on social account folders.
- Fixed error in message composition UI when started from Marketing Center (363254)
- Fixed incompatibility with SQLServer session state mode (363401)
- Fixed typo in setting name: Social.MessageBaseTemplateId (363977)
2. Known Issues
The following known issues are registered for the current Social Connected module version.
“Add an Account” wizard can freeze for some users
Reference number: 370311.
Description: In some cases when you operate the “Add an Account” wizard while using Internet Explorer browser, the browser window becomes unresponsive.
Workaround: Close the browser and try to re-open the wizard, or use other browsers when adding social accounts to Sitecore.