This document includes the latest information concerning the Staging module.
November 3, 2006
Staging module v5.2.1 for Sitecore 5.1.1/5.2 is released.
April 20, 2006
Staging module v5.2 for Sitecore 5.2 is released.
February 13, 2006
Staging module v5.1.1 is released.
1. Change Log
This section describes changes in different versions.
1.1. New Release - 5.2
Version 5.2 works with Sitecore 5.2. MS SQL and FireBird servers are supported.
Changes and Fixes:
- The module is compiled for Sitecore 5.2.
- Documentation on configuring staging for FireBird is added.
1.2. Between 5.1 and 5.1.1
This version will work with Sitecore 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 running on SQL Server and solves the following issues.
Changes and Fixes:
- Compiled for Sitecore 5.1.1
- "Passive Mode setting to False and Transfer New Files Only setting to True for the FTP upload" case is fixed with a new setting "Delete destination file when uploading"
- Cache clear functionality has changed. Selection between Full and Partial cache clear moved to Sitecore client.
- Web Service API has changed according to the recommendations on security. Username and password are now submitted in every function call in an encrypted form.
- License agreement is fixed
- Documentation is updated
- Documentation on "Delete destination file before upload" feature is added.
- Chapter 3.4 added. Information on "Delete destination file before upload" feature.
- Chapter 4.4 changed: Partial or Full Cache clear described.
1.3. Between 5.2 and 5.2.1
This version has been tested with Sitecore 184.108.40.206 and Sitecore 220.127.116.11 and is expected to work with Sitecore 5.2.0.x and Sitecore 5.1.1.x releases.
Changes and Fixes:
- New Feature: The way of publishing Extranet database to the Slave server has been implemented.
- Fixed: Improper concurrent log file access may cause publishing operations to fail.
1.4. Between 5.0 and 5.1
This release includes the following changes since the previous release of the Staging module:
The module is rebuilt for Sitecore 5.1.
All fields on templates are now "shared".
No need for filling FTP settings unless you are using an FTP server.
This goes for all settings.
Web service clears not only web database cache but also Sitecore global
Option for letting web service clear Sitecore global cache completely
instead of only Sitecore global HTTP cache (web.config setting
- Warning written to log if no publish target or publish language has been selected for a staging server.
2. Known Issues
- All transferred files appear in UPPER case. This is in order to support danish letters Æ Ø and Å.
- Staging Console always reports that the files are being downloaded, regardless of whether they are actually downloaded or not. You can see the actual actions performed in the log file.
FTP Download in passive mode downloads files no matter if the file size has changed or not.
- If you set the Delete Destination File Before Upload setting to true, the Staging module will upload/download (in FTP passive mode) all files no matter if their size has changed or not.
Note: observed only with Staging 5.2 working with FireBird installation.
Due to an internal error in FireBird runtime, it is not always possible to get exclusive access to the database. This should not be considered as a critical error or unstable behavior, since in such case the scheduled task will keep trying to perform staging until successful.
A license error may occur the first time the Staging module is started. Restarting IIS solves the problem.
Renamed files are not tracked.
After ASP.NET recycles application domain on the slave server, the module may stop functioning properly. This is a problem in the Firebird embedded engine. Workaround: restart IIS.