A brief outline of the StatCenter module installation is given below. Please refer to the StatCenter Administrator Manual for details.
Note: You can use the StatCenter package on either SQL Server 2000/SQL Server 2005 or MSDE 2000/ SQL 2005 Express by following the same installation instructions found in the StatCenter Administrator Manual.
- Setup logfiles in the Internet Information Server.
- Download the latest version of the StatCenter module.
- Install the Sitecore-package for StatCenter. The package will install assemblies and the module used to present statistical data within the Sitecore client.
- If you are going to use the MSDE version of StatCenter you must install MSDE 2000 SQL-server.
- Install the new database on your SQL-server.
- After installing StatCenter and the database, edit the web.config file and configure the StatCenter as described in the StatCenter Administrator Manual.
Note: You should grant the ASP.NET user read access rights to IIS Log files for StatCenter to scan them.
1. Upgrade Instructions
Upgrading from version 3.0.2 to version 3.3.0
To upgrade the StatCenter module from version 3.0.2 to version 3.3.0 you just need to install the StatCenter V3.3.0 package over the old module version. Choose “Overwrite All” when prompted.
Upgrading from version 3.0.0 to version 3.3.0
Follow the steps below to upgrade the StatCenter module from version 3.0.0 to version 3.3.0.
- Install the StatCenter V3.3.0 package over the old version. Choose “Overwrite All” when prompted.
- Update the StatCenter database using the database update dialog (See the Updating the Database section below).
Note: it is not necessary to update the database if you upgrade from StatCenter 3.0.1, 3.0.2.
Updating the StatCenter database
Start the StatCenter and select File » Database administration » Update. The following dialog will appear:
Point the StatCenter V3.0.0 database and press “Run update”.
Updating from earlier versions
It is not possible update the StatCenter database from version 2.x to 3.x, but it is possible to transfer DNS- and Visitor data from a 2.x database to a 3.x database when installing. See “Install the StatCenter database”.