The latest release information about the Web Forms for Marketers module.
1. Release History
October 22, 2009
The Web Forms for Marketers module v1.1.0 rev.091002 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 6.0.1 rev.090317 and Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 rev.090821.
- The Sitecore_WebForms database couldn’t be used with SQL Server 2005.
September 14, 2009
The Web Forms for Marketers module v1.1.0 rev.090821 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 6.0.1 rev.090317 and Sitecore CMS 6.1.0 rev.090707.
- Performance issues in the Form Data Viewer in cases of high load or high volume of form entries.
- Certain functions in the Form Data Viewer were incompatible with Sitecore 6.1.
June 05, 2009
The Web Forms for Marketers module v1.0.1 rev.090601 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 6.0.1 rev.090212.
- The module now supports HTTPS.
- The module web service is now tuned to communicate in the staging environment.
- The upgrade package for the previous version is now available (see the Upgrade Notes section).
- Removed the "Insert Form" button from the Page Editor top buttons (the option is still available from the Page Editor ribbon). The upgrade package does not remove the button from sites with a previous version of the module installed.
- Added settings to the forms.config file to allow the Form Designer and Form DataViewer to be opened as the modal dialogs.
- The profile provider would sometimes return null instead of string.Empty for empty profile properties. The Insert Form wizard did not display placeholders which contained uppercase letters in their names.
- The ‘Insert Form’ wizard could freeze when adding a form for item with no layout defined on the Default.
- References to the master and core databases were hardcoded, making it difficult to operate the module with in a content delivery environment. Appropriate settings were added to the forms.config file.
- When generating an Excel file with statistics, a Null exception could occur.
- After editing a form in Form Designer, form fields could be created twice.
July 07, 2008
Web Forms for Marketers module v1.0.0 rev.080701 is released.
Tested with Sitecore CMS 6.0.
2. Known issues
The list of known issues present in the latest version of the Web Forms for Marketers module.
- The Web Forms “Insert Form” dialog shows no placeholders after using the Preview application.
After a user has viewed any item in the Preview application, subsequent attempts to open the the Web Forms “Insert Form” dialog shows no placeholders, even though the current page does contain one or more valid placeholders.
Workaround: to work around this issue, open the Page Editor. This will refresh the list of available placeholders in the “Insert Form” dialog.
- If you have written custom code that calls the Web Forms module’s API, you may encounter compilation errors (“missing assembly”) when you upgrade to the latest version. This could happen due to a change in the assembly version between the previous and latest module versions.
Workaround: to work around this issue, re-reference the [module] assembly as a version independent reference (specific version = “false”) and recompile your code.
- If the name of a placeholder (located in the /sitecore/layouts/Placeholder Settings folder) contains any uppercase letters then it will not be possible add any form to this placeholder in the page editor because this placeholder will not show up in the list.
Workaround: to resolve the problem, replace the following file \sitecore\shell\Applications\Modules\Web Forms for Marketers\script\Sitecore.PlaceholderManager.js with the one provided on this page.
Download Sitecore.PlaceholderManager.js which supports uppercase letters in placeholder names.
- By default only admin user can create the forms, even through user is a member of “Sitecore Client Forms Author” role.
Workaround: to resolve the issue please take the following steps:
- Open Security Editor for “sitecore\ Sitecore Client User” role in the core database.
- Set read access to inheritance for the /sitecore/content/Applications/Content Editor/Ribbons/Chunks/Forms and /sitecore/content/Applications/Modules/Web Forms for Marketers items.